Things to Prepare Before Getting Breast Lift Surgery
It’s a given fact that as women get older, their breasts can lose their firmness and elasticity. This may be caused by any of the following: pregnancy, weight fluctuations, gravity, or heredity.
How to Prepare
During your first visit, your plastic surgeon will do the following things for you:
- Review your medical history
- Conduct a physical exam to determine which treatment option will suit you best
- Go over your expectations for the surgery
From here, your surgeon may tell you to do the following things before Plastic Surgery in Westminster, California.
- Have a baseline mammogram before the procedure to help your surgeon monitor the changes in your breast tissue.
- Quit smoking. This can decrease blood flow in the skin, which can slow the healing process.
- Make plans for someone to drive you home and to stay with you while you recover after Reconstructive Procedures are conducted.
- You’ll likely have to avoid drinking certain medications like aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements. These can increase bleeding.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
For more details about our procedures, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.