Augmentation Mammaplasty in California
Breast augmentation, sometimes referred to as a “breast aug” or “boob job” by patients, involves using breast implants or fat to increase the size of your breasts, to restore breast volume lost after weight reduction or pregnancy, to achieve a more rounded shape, or to improve natural breast size asymmetry.
Breast augmentation is also referred to as augmentation mammaplasty. When fat is used from volume, the procedure is referred to as fat transfer breast augmentation.
What breast augmentation surgery can do:
- Increase fullness and projection of your breasts
- Improve balance of breast and hip contours
- Enhance your self-image and self-confidence
- Breast implants may also be used for breast reconstruction after mastectomy or injury.
What breast augmentation surgery can’t do:
Breast augmentation does not correct severely drooping breasts. A breast lift may be required along with a breast augmentation for sagging breasts to look fuller and lifted.
Breast lifting can often be done at the same time as your augmentation or may require a separate operation. Dr. Thanh Nguyen, M.D., F.A.C.S. will assist you in making this decision.
Breast augmentation candidates
You may be a candidate for breast augmentation surgery if:
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too small
- You are dissatisfied with your breasts losing shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss, or with aging
- You are unhappy with the upper part of your breast appearing “empty”
- Your breasts are asymmetrical
- One or both breasts failed to develop normally or have an elongated shape
Planning Your Breast Augmentation
There are four primary components that are essential to consider during the planning phase of breast augmentation:
- Type: the type of breast implants, silicone, or saline
- Access Incision: the incision through which the breast implants are introduced
- Position: the pocket placement of the implants relative to the chest muscle
- Style: the shape, profile, texture, and size of the breast implants
These choices are predicated on your innate anatomy, on your desired outcome, and on certain personal preferences. Dr. Thanh Nguyen, M.D., F.A.C.S. will carefully consider each of these factors with you and will design the best breast augmentation treatment plan that is personalized to achieve your goals.